Sunday, October 25, 2015

Because Life's Too Short Not To Be Yourself!

I've learned so many things through my divorce.  God is so good at using all things for the good of those who love Him.  (Romans 8:28)  Going through this ordeal has made me more confident, and I'm more convinced that I am enough as I am.  I still love helping people, and I'm highly relational, but I'm less worried about pleasing people at my own expense.




That's not to say that I'm jaded, or that I've made it my mission to displease people.  I'm not bitter, but I have learned that it's OK to take care of myself.  This is not a "Dear John" letter saying that you have to either like the new me, or get out of my way.  This is simply my realization that life is too short to live it for anyone other than God.  It's too short to be anyone but who God made me to be.

On that note, here are a few things about me:


  • I love kids' movies.
  • Harry Potter is the first fictional book I really got into, and it's never left me.
  • I don't like It's A Wonderful Life, or Star Wars
  • I do like Star Trek, but not the original or Deep Space Nine
  • I love science.
  • I get along oddly well with teens.  (I'm a high school teacher.)
  • I really enjoy TV and junk food.
  • I'm not good at keeping my house tidy.
  • I believe Plexus can bring about positive change for just about anyone.
  • I love my friends, but I almost always wait for them to reach out to me to make plans.
  • People say I'm easy to talk to, but small talk terrifies me.
  • My mom is the only person I enjoy talking to over the phone.
  • God loves me.
  • Compassion and empathy are two of my greatest strengths.

The best part?  By being open to loving myself more, I've been able to love others more deeply!  Thank you, Lord!




For more information, please comment below or go to my Plexus page at http://shopmyplexus.com/kimhammons/

No comments:

Post a Comment